Sunday 18 August 2013

Modernising Vintage

Hi everyone! Today I wanted to share with you the idea of combining vintage fashion with current trend pieces. I feel this is the best way for you to stand out from the crowd and to create a point of difference from the popular trends. Finding the right vintage piece can take more work but the result is so rewarding, as you know the style will be unique to you. To ensure a true original piece of clothing, I like to do a nip and tuck to modernise the piece and ensure the fit is perfect and relevant.

Below I'm wearing a vintage top that is part of a skirt and top suit. I was drawn to the neckline of this garment. I tucked it in for the look below however it has a gorgeous scalloped hem and looks cute worn over skinny leg pants too. 

I have sourced some vintage tops for you below from the very reliable Etsy.com. I have styled them with on trend pieces as a suggested way of incorporating a vintage piece without looking like you have stepped out of St Vinnies. 












Thanks for stopping by.
Check out Dusty Petals official website here:  

2 comments:

  1. This is surely a great way of wearing different from everyone! And the top is absolutely adorable!

    <3
    https://zazzish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Edwardian vintage top is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox