Wednesday 15 May 2013

Herringbone-Houndstooth-Pinstripes-Check

Herringbone-Houndstooth-Pinstripes-Check were a hot trend to preview down the 2013 Fall runway. Models were draped with these classic textiles creating a bold, empowering statement. I have always adored these classic haberdashery fabrics and have incorporated them in several of my own designs over the years.  In my look below I thought I'd exaggerate the check theme by combining pieces from three separate suits that I have designed. (individual suits shown below).  

To follow I have styled some Herringbone-Houndstooth-Pinstripes-Check inspired looks from local retailers. I encourage you to embrace this trend as we enter winter. You'll look incredibly stylish and elegant. All products are available at Highpoint Shopping Centre.












Images courtesy of Style.com
Images courtesy of Style.com
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. You are so talented my dear! Your designs are beautiful and so suited your wonderful style! I especially love and adore the cut and shape of your coat and the way it hangs is perfect! Lovely post sweetie :)

    Take care and also thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog,
    Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is very beautiful and different!

    <3
    http://zazzish.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its risky but I really love the result, spot on!! :-)
    Kisses

    Fashion Avenue by Adriana
    http://fashionavenueabc.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will have to pull out my hounds tooth dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for viewing Dusty Petals blog. I'd love to hear any feedback you have. xox